Prep 20 mins
Cook 40 mins
One of our favorite meals because we can substitute the 1 cup vegetables to what is in season. Also the salsa can be hotter if desired. Very good the next day too.
- 2 cups mangoes, fresh chopped
- 1⁄2 cup salsa, medium hot
- 1 (11 1/3 ounce) peach nectar
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 1⁄2 lbs skinless chicken, cubed
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1⁄4 cup flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup asparagus, fresh chopped
- To make the salsa combine:.
- mango,salsa,peach nectar and soy sauce.
- and cook on simmer for 15 minutes. Set aside.
- Cube the chicken and pat dry. Into a plastic bag place the flour,salt & pepper. Add the chicken and shake to coat well.
- Into a large fry pan,place the oil and heat to medium. Stir fry the chicken in the oil for 5-8 minutes or until the pink is gone. Add the reserved salsa mixture and the asparagus,cover and cook on low heat for 15 minutes.
- Serve over rice. Serves 4.
I enjoyed the difference the mango added to this dish. For my personal preference, I would add only 1 cup of mango and increase the veggies by a cup. I would have liked the mango to be more of a back ground flavor rather than the predominate flavor.