Recipe by Ppaperdoll
Another addition to my collection of mini-pudding recipes. This is from Delicious magazine.
- 175 g butter, softened (plus extra for greasing)
- 175 g self-raising flour (plus extra for dusting)
- 1⁄2 mango, peeled, stoned, and thinly sliced
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 175 g golden caster sugar
- 3 large eggs, beaten
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 2 limes, zest of, grated
- 1 lime, juice of
- 100 g golden caster sugar
- 3 whole red bird's eye chilies
Directions See How It's Made
- For chilli syrup, place lime zest, sugar and whole chillies in small pan. Pur lime juice into measuring jug and top up with enough water to make 150ml. Add to sugar and bring to a slow boil, stirring until sugar dissolves. Simmer 10 minutes and remove chillies.
- Preheat oven to 200 degrees C, gas mark 6. Grease 6 150ml pudding basins and place a square of baking paper in the base of each. Dust each with flour and set aside. Cut out 6X12cm squares of foil, lightly grese and fold a pleat in centre of each square. Arrange mango slices in base of pudding basins and drizzle each with a tsp of syrup.
- Sift flour and baking powder into a large pow., sadd butter, sugar, eggs, milk and grated lime zest. Beat with electric mixer for 2 minutes or until smooth. Spoon into prepared pudding basins and tightly cover each with foil.
- Place in a deep roasting tin and fill tin with boiling water so that water comes halfway up the sides of the basins. Bake for 25 minutes.
- Remove puddings from oven and take off foil. Turn out onto a serving platter or plates. Spoon over chilli syrup and serve.