Prep 15 mins
Cook 5 mins
From Australian BH&G's Diabetic Living issue 12 2007. Have not included chill time of 6 hours.
- 60 ml orange juice (1/4 cup, fresh, strained)
- 2 teaspoons gelatin (powder)
- 2 mangoes (large about 400 grams each)
- 390 g vanilla yogurt (low fat or diet - 1 1/2 cups)
- 60 ml passion fruit pulp (1/4 cup, about 4 passionfruit)
- Put the orange juice in a small microwave-safe bowl, sprinkle over the gelatine, stir and set aside for 5 minutes until the powder absorbs the juice. Microwave on high (100%) for 20 seconds, or until the powder dissolves and then stir and then set aside to cool slightly.
- Meanwhile cut the cheeks off the mangoes and any other flesh for the seed.
- Set aside one cheek to use later for decorating. Remove the skin (scoop the flesh out with a spoon is and easy way) and roughly chop the remaining flesh and put into a small food processor and process until pureed.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the mango puree and yoghurt until smooth, add the gelatine mixture and whisk until well combined and smooth.
- Evenly pour into four glasses and place on a tray and place in the fridge for 6 hours or until set.
- Scoop flesh from reserved mango cheek and thinly slie and then evenly arrange on top of mousses and spoon over the passionfruit pulp.
Took me a few days to find the appropriate passionfruit, & after they were in my kitchen, this wonderful treat went together quickly! Delicious is the best word for it, I think! The passionfruit & mango combo was very, very nice! Definitely a winner at our table! Thanks for sharing it! [Tagged & made in Please Review My Recipe]