Prep 20 mins
Cook 40 mins
from cooking light may 2005.
- 1⁄4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 4 cups chopped peeled ripe mangoes (about 4 pounds)
- 3 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 2 teaspoons butter, melted
- cooking spray
- 1⁄3 cup all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons brown sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons chopped macadamia nuts
- Preheat oven to 400°.
- Combine 1/4 cup granulated sugar and cornstarch, stirring well with a whisk. Add mango, juice, and 2 teaspoons melted butter, and toss gently to combine. Place mango mixture in an 8-inch square baking dish coated with cooking spray.
- To prepare topping, lightly spoon flour into a dry measuring cup; level with a knife. Combine flour, 3 tablespoons of granulated sugar, brown sugar, and ginger, stirring well. Cut in 3 tablespoons butter with a pastry blender or 2 knives until mixture resembles coarse meal. Stir in nuts. Sprinkle flour mixture evenly over mango mixture. Bake at 400° for 40 minutes or until browned.
Wonderful dish. This would be great as a dessert or for breakfast. The topping really made it shine.