Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Another recipe from the 1980 version of the Grace Evangelical Congregational Church cookbook from Muir, Pennsylvania that was given to me by my Nana when I became an adult. This recipe was submitted to the cookbook by Faye Jones. She didn't specify serving yield so I am guessing. I am actually fairly surprised to see fresh mango on the menu in 1980's Muir.
- Grate cabbage and add salt. Let stand for 1 hour.
- Squeeze out and then add carrot and mango. Set aside.
- Boil syrup ingredients for 1 minute.
- Let stand until lukewarm; pour over cabbage.
- Freeze in containers the size you need for your family's needs.