Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr
Another recipe from the 1980 version of the Grace Evangelical Congregational Church cookbook from Muir, Pennsylvania that was given to me by my Nana when I became an adult. This recipe was submitted to the cookbook by Faye Jones. She didn't specify serving yield so I am guessing. I am actually fairly surprised to see fresh mango on the menu in 1980's Muir.
- Grate cabbage and add salt. Let stand for 1 hour.
- Squeeze out and then add carrot and mango. Set aside.
- Boil syrup ingredients for 1 minute.
- Let stand until lukewarm; pour over cabbage.
- Freeze in containers the size you need for your family's needs.