Prep 20 mins
Cook 40 mins
Our family loves mangoes, and this recipe is a different and delicious way to use them.
Make and share this Mango Coffee Cake recipe from Food.com.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3 cups coarsely chopped seeded and peeled mangoes (about 3)
- 1⁄3 cup sugar
- 3⁄4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- sweetened whipped cream (optional) or Cool Whip (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease a 13x9x2-inch baking pan; set aside. In a large bowl combine flour, the 2 cups sugar, baking powder, soda, nutmeg and salt. Using a pastry blender or two knives, cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumb.
- In a small bowl combine buttermilk, eggs and vanilla. Add to flour mixture all at once; stir just until moistened. Fold in mangoes. Spread in prepared pan. Combine the 1/3 cup sugar and the cinnamon. Sprinkle evenly over batter.
- Bake for 40 to 45 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted near center comes out clean. (Mango pieces will sink to the bottom of coffee cake.) Cool slightly. Serve with sweetened whipped cream or Cool Whip, if desired.
This is tasty. The cinnamon sugar on top makes a real difference. I didn't use as much as it called for in the recipe, I just sprinkled cinnamon sugar on top. I made this for coffee hour at church on mother's day.
I have a recipe kind of like this, but it doesnt have nutmeg. Anyways, this is a great recipe!