Prep 20 mins
Cook 7 hrs
From Pillsbury Doughboy Slow Cooker Recipes (2003). Serve with hot cooked rice or couscous. Offer small bowls of traditional curry toppers, such as toasted coconut, chopped peanuts, raisins, and mango chutney to pass at the table.
- 4 skinless chicken breast halves, bone-in
- 15 ounces garbanzo beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 small onion, thinly sliced
- 1 small red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 cup sugar snap pea, fresh
- 9 ounces mango chutney
- 3⁄4 cup water
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons curry powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- In 3 1/2 to 4-quart cooker, layer chicken breast halves, garbanzo beans, onion, bell pepper, and sugar snap peas. In a small bowl, combine all remaining ingredients; mix well. Pour into slow cooker.
- Cover; cook on low setting for 6 to 7 hours.