Prep 10 mins
Cook 24 hrs
I was preparing another recipe for sous vide and ended up making so many changes it was a completely new recipe.
- 6 -8 lbs pork butt (shoulder)
- 1⁄4 cup vinegar, apple cider
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons black pepper
- 2 teaspoons garlic, granulated
- 2 teaspoons lemon peel
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 2 teaspoons ground cloves (optional)
Mango Bourbon Sauce
- 4 tablespoons honey
- 4 ounces Bourbon
- 20 -30 ounces barbecue sauce, Quick and Tasty, BBQ Sauce - Quick and Tasty
- Preheat your sous vide water to 165°F.
- Mix brown sugar, granulated garlic, black pepper, lemon peel and kosher salt (and cloves, if using).
- Trim the pork as needed and cut into pieces no more than 2 inches thick. Rub with the above mix.
- Place in a large vacuum bad and add vinegar. Seal.
- Place in your sous vide for no less than 18 and up to 48 hours.
- Take pork from bag and pull it apart with 2 forks.
- Now you have 3 choices:.
- 1 - Use another sauce or choice of sauces and serve next to the pork.
- 2 - Make the sauce by combining all ingredients in a pan and heating through. Serve on the side of the pork.
- 3 - Place all the sauce ingredients in a slow cooker, mix and heat. Add the shredded pork and mix. Heat for 1-2 hours and serve from the crock pot.