Sous Vide Flat Iron Steaks
photo by Chef Michael Callah
- Ready In:
- 3hrs 30mins
- Set immersion circulator (water bath) to 125°F (for medium rare).
- Whisk together vinegar, olive oil, granulated garlic and ground mustard.
- Place this mixture and steaks into a bowl and marinate for 30 minutes.
- Remove steaks from marinade and individually vacuum seal in a bag.
- Place sealed bags into the water bath and cook for 2-3 hours.
- Heat your grill to high and grill steaks for no more than 1-2 minutes per side.
- Season to taste with salt & pepper.
- Note: Once steaks are individually vacuum sealed they can be either frozen or refrigerated for a few days until ready to use.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
I made this last night. I didn't tweek anything because I like you try the recipe itself first but it definitely needed more flavor. It was good , just missing something. It was tender and perfectly cooked to a med rare the way I like it. I wound definitely use this recipe again as far as temp. And cook time but add more spices , herbs or a different rub all together.
After removing from the sous vide bag, the steaks should be thoroughly dried off. Having residual liquid on the steaks will keep them from browning properly. If the steaks are to be refrigerated/frozen after the sous vide process, they should be put in a ice bath after removing from the sous vide to chill down as quickly as possible. Even though they are cooked at this point, the cooling process should happen as quickly as possible for safe storage. This is true for anything that is going to be removed from the sous vide and refrigerated/frozen right after.
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
<p>Since becoming a member several years ago I've switched my focus, and have become a health coach as well as a chef. Therefore, you will be seeing more healthy options coming in the future. Stay tuned to my BLOG for updates as they develop. (http://chefcallahan.com) and (https://www.facebook.com/groups/HealthyMeAndYou/) Chef of the Day March 19, 2010 Contact me if you need ServSafe Manager Training!</p>