Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This one is adapted from Vij's restaurant in Vancouver. I have halved the recipe and made a few changes like decreasing the amount of ghee. It is delicious as a side dish or as an appetizer with crackers or chapati. Use Ataulfo mangoes or Hayden mangoes for the best result.
- Heat ghee in medium pot on high for 1 minute.
- Add mustard seeds and cook until you hear the first popping noise.
- Immediately add the curry leaves. The curry leaves will shrivel as soon as you stir them in the hot oil.
- Reduce heat to medium-low.
- Add tomatoes, turmeric, cumin and salt. Stir and cook the masala for 5 minutes. Stir in the mangoes, increase the heat to medium, cover and cook for 10 minutes, stirring, halfway through.
- Stir in green onions and cook, uncovered, for 2 to 3 minutes.