Recipe by Charishma_Ramchandani
From the "Thursday" magazine, it was submitted by Mrs. Rajani and oh boy, it looks so tempting! She said its a great snack, and can be enjoyed with cold raita, looks wonderfully good!
- 1 package mtr vermicelli
- 1 large onion, finely sliced
- 4 red chilies
- 1 carrot
- 100 g cauliflower
- 50 g green peas
- 50 g French beans
- 3 tablespoons ghee or 3 tablespoons oil
- 1 teaspoon ginger-garlic paste
- 1 teaspoon garam masala
- 2 tablespoons coconut, grated
- 1 teaspoon cumin, powdered
Directions See How It's Made
- Fry the vermicelli in 2 tbsp ghee/oil in a large pan and set aside.
- Cut the vegetables into medium sized cubes.
- Grind red chillies, coconut and cumin to a fine paste.
- Heat the remaining ghee/oil and fry the onion till golden brown in colour.
- Add the ginger-garlic paste, ground masala and the garam masala.
- Cook on medium flame till the ghee/oil separates from the masala.
- Now add the cubed vegetables and cook, covered, till they are three-fourth done.
- Add double the amount of water as to the quantity of vermicelli and let it boil.
- Now add the fried vermicelli and required salt and cook on a very low flame till done.
- Serve hot with your favourite side dish.