Prep 10 mins
Cook 4 mins
This is a delicious donut-like pastry. Serve them warm for breakfast with a nice hot cup of chai.
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 cups white flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- Mix all the ingredients together, adding more flour if necessary. The dough should be soft, but not sticky.
- Roll the dough on a lightly floured board until it is about 1/4 inch think.
- Cut into triangles and fry in hot oil until lightly browned.