Prep 10 mins
Cook 6 hrs
One of my Mom's favorite salads. Top with a little Cool Whip for a dessert, great for luncheons. Cook time is chill time.
- 1 (11 ounce) can mandarin oranges, drained
- 1 (20 ounce) can pineapple chunks, drained
- 2 cups large curd cottage cheese
- 1 (8 ounce) container Cool Whip
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 (6 ounce) package orange gelatin
- 1⁄4 cup pecans, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup coconut, flaked (optional)
- Combine first 5 ingredients.
- Sprinkle gelatin over mixture and stir well.
- Spoon mixture into a 13x9x2-inch dish.
- Combine pecans and coconut; sprinkle over salad.
- Chill 6 hours or overnight.
This salad was easy to prepare. I believe I’ll use Pineapple Tidbits when preparing this the next time.
I could not find pineapple gelatin so I used strawberry intead, this was very good, nice light dessert for the family
My gang loved it... they had mixed opinions on the coconut so will make without next time. Everybody thought it tasted like the Dreamsicle ice creams. Thanks for posting it.