Mandarin Orange & Poppyseed Salad
- Ready In:
- 2 bunches green leaf lettuce, rinsed, dried and ripped into pieces
- 1 (11 ounce) can mandarin oranges, drained
- 1 (3 ounce) can rice noodles (like La Choy)
- 3 green onions, chopped
- 3⁄4 cup slivered almonds
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1⁄2 cup oil
- 1⁄4 cup white vinegar
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons poppy seeds
- 1 tablespoon Aunt Jane's Krazy Mixed Up Salt
- Make or buy candied almonds.
- To make candied almonds, melt butter in a small frying pan over medium-low heat.
- Add almonds and sugar, cooking until golden brown.
- Remove from heat, transfer to a different dish to cool. As almonds are cooling, continuously separate using a fork or another utensil (if you don't, the almonds will be stuck together and will be hard to separate once cool).
- To make dressing, mix/shake all dressing ingredients together in a salad dressing cruet, or another tightly sealed container.
- Rinse and dry lettuce leaves. Rip into bite-sized pieces.
- Mix together lettuce, green onions, rice noodles, cooled candied almonds, and mandarin oranges.
- Before serving, pour dressing over lettuce and mix using salad tongs.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!