Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
If you make this once, you'll be hooked! It really is good. The chicken and sauce, then the crunch of the noodles is a very good combination. I saute (or grill) chicken breasts for this.
- 4 cups cooked cubed chicken
- 1 (20 ounce) can pineapple tidbits, drained
- 1 (11 ounce) can mandarin oranges, drained
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1⁄2 cup sliced ripe olives
- 1⁄2 cup chopped green pepper
- 2 tablespoons minced onions
- 1 tablespoon prepared mustard
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 leaf lettuce
- 1 (5 ounce) can chow mein noodles
- In a large bowl, mix the first 11 ingredients.
- Mix well and refrigerate until serving.
- Spoon salad on lettuce lined plates.
- Sprinkle with noodles.
This was a fantastic luncheon salad. It was light and refreshing. It had visual appeal, it had nice contrasting ingredients...and best of all we loved it. I especially enjoyed the crunchy texture of the chow mein noodles. Thanks, Miss Nez for another wonderful dining experience.
Really good. Shared with some friends who are not computer literate. Next time I think I'll trade half the mao for plain yogurt to lower the fat content and reduce the calories. Thank you for sharing.
DELICIOUS!Rave reviews from everyone. I wanted this salad to last for 2 meals and thought chow mein noodles would be soggy by meal #2 so I tossed in bean sprouts instead.