Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
I saw this on Martha Stewart but changed it a bit. This are hearty pancakes made to stick-to- your-ribs a bit more than the usual plain ones. I really like the flavor. These are the only kind I make now. Experiment with different kinds of fruits for a new twist! Enjoy!
Pancake batter from Betty Crocker cookbook
- 3 eggs
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 1⁄4 cups milk (or to desired consistency)
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 6 tablespoons shortening, melted or 6 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 9 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
To this mixed batter add
- 1 cup oatmeal
- 1⁄2 cup wheat germ
- 3 teaspoons vanilla
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 -3 mashed bananas
- Combine all ingredients except blueberries.
- On a hot griddle or greased frying pan, put 1/4 cup of batter.
- Sprinkle on the blueberries.
- Cook until bubbles form on edges.
- Freeze any cooled leftovers to enjoy later.
Made this entire recipe as given & we thoroughly enjoyed these tasty 'cakes, with some left over to enjoy later, while still being able to freeze a few just to see how that worked out! Nice all the way around, even though I look forward to varying the fruit ingredient in the future! Thanks for sharing a great recipe! [Made & reviewed in I Recommend recipe tag]
Though I replaced the blueberries with diced strawberries, this was a great breakfast that I particularally enjoyed. Loved the idea of the wheat germ mixed in this, as it made for a healthy breakfast.