Recipe by Miss Annie
We eat at Manale's in New Orleans a lot, and this is much like their signature dish. Hot French bread, cold beer and a green salad makes for a great informal party.
- 1 lb shrimp, shells on
- olive oil
- cracked black pepper
- lemon juice
- Tabasco sauce
- Worcestershire sauce
Directions See How It's Made
- Place whole shrimp in a single layer in an oven proof dish.
- Drizzle olive oil on top of shrimp.
- Pepper shrimp until they are black; when you think you have enough, add more.
- Add lots of salt, lemon juice, Tabasco and Worcestershire sauce.
- Remember that you are seasoning through the shells.
- Cut up a good amount of butter on top of shrimp and broil until shrimp are cooked, about 15-20 minutes.
- Be sure and taste to see if they are done.
- Serve these in bowls with lots of napkins.
- Have hot French bread to sop up the sauce.