Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
We eat at Manale's in New Orleans a lot, and this is much like their signature dish. Hot French bread, cold beer and a green salad makes for a great informal party.
- Place whole shrimp in a single layer in an oven proof dish.
- Drizzle olive oil on top of shrimp.
- Pepper shrimp until they are black; when you think you have enough, add more.
- Add lots of salt, lemon juice, Tabasco and Worcestershire sauce.
- Remember that you are seasoning through the shells.
- Cut up a good amount of butter on top of shrimp and broil until shrimp are cooked, about 15-20 minutes.
- Be sure and taste to see if they are done.
- Serve these in bowls with lots of napkins.
- Have hot French bread to sop up the sauce.
This was excellent, we thoroughly enjoyed it. I just splashed amounts that seemed to our tastes and it came out perfectly
I love Manale's in New Orleans, I have never had the BBQ shrimp though!! I have had it from Crazy Johnny's. I made this tonight, and I followed the recipe, except I wish you could of estimated how much of each ingredient you add to the sauce. I had to wing it and found that next time I will add less tabasco, (maybe 5 dashes) and less Worcestershire. Overall, I was impressed!!! THANKS!!!
Very delicious way to cook unpeeled shrimp. The dipping sauce was delicious (I added 1 cup white wine to seasonings), and we dipped French bread to sop up the tasty juices. Because DH didn't like how messy the sauce made his hands while eating, I probably won't make again...however, I really enjoyed it!