Prep 15 mins
Cook 35 mins
From my hometown community cookbook; given to me by my best friend. Called man dip because men seem to like it.
- 453.59 g bulk sausage
- 453.59 g lean ground beef
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2.46 ml garlic salt (I substitute 3-4 garlic cloves, cook in the skillet with the meats and onion)
- 907.18 g shredded Velveeta cheese
- 2 (595.33 g) can cream of mushroom soup
- 1-2 jalapeno pepper, chopped (optional)
- In a large skillet over medium heat, cook sausage, ground beef, and onion (and garlic) until meats are browned and onion is tender; drain off fat.
- Add remaining ingredients; cook over medium heat until cheese is melted and mixture is heated through.
- Serve warm with corn or tortilla chips.
- **I usually pour this into a crockpot, on LOW, to keep this warm when serving to guests.
This cheese dip is to die for. WOW!! I made this for Super Bowl Sunday and we keep running back to the crockpot during commercial breaks to fill up our bowls. I also used chopped fresh garlic in lieu of the garlic salt because this stuff is plenty salty. Full of meat and very cheesy. Thanks for another winner, Nurse Di.
Oh wow!! This dip is something else. I made it for Football Sunday at our house. I chopped up 2 cloves of garlic instead of the garlic salt. Very rich and cheesy. Totally addicting. A big hit with our guests. Thanks Nurse Di.
Awesome dip! Definitely a time saver using the crockpot to keep it warm. Would also point out there is no need to "shred" the Velveeta®; chunks will melt just fine on their own.