1/5 Photos of Mamon (Filipino Sponge Cake)
Secret Teenage Chef's Note:
Mamon is my FAVORITE Filipino dessert (or one of them ^^*). The thing that differentiates mamon from American sponge cake is because its a little more sweeter and buttery. Mamon is a very soft and creamy cake. :]
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 350°F.
- 2Sift flour and baking powder in bowl; set aside.
- 3In a another large bowl, beat egg white and cream of tartar until meringue-like but not stiff.
- 4Gradually add sugar while beating. Then, add vanilla and vegetable oil.
- 5Add egg yolks one at a time and continue beating.
- 6Add cake flour and baking powder and continue mixing.
- 7Line muffin pans with paper cups and pour mixture about 2/3 full.
- 8Bake 12 to 15 minutes or until golden brown. Finished when toothpick comes out clean.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Mamon (Filipino Sponge Cake)
Serving Size: 1 (29 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 22
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 122.5
- Calories from Fat 57
- Total Fat 6.3 g
- Saturated Fat 1.0 g
- Cholesterol 57.6 mg
- Sodium 35.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 14.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.1 g
- Sugars 9.2 g
- Protein 2.2 g