Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
Mamon is my FAVORITE Filipino dessert (or one of them ^^*). The thing that differentiates mamon from American sponge cake is because its a little more sweeter and buttery. Mamon is a very soft and creamy cake. :]
- 1 cup cake flour
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 6 eggs, separated
- 1⁄2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon cream of tartar
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Sift flour and baking powder in bowl; set aside.
- In a another large bowl, beat egg white and cream of tartar until meringue-like but not stiff.
- Gradually add sugar while beating. Then, add vanilla and vegetable oil.
- Add egg yolks one at a time and continue beating.
- Add cake flour and baking powder and continue mixing.
- Line muffin pans with paper cups and pour mixture about 2/3 full.
- Bake 12 to 15 minutes or until golden brown. Finished when toothpick comes out clean.
I had tried just now, but my cake surface shrink and a lot of wrinkle on the surface. how should i improve from there?
Awesome! I halved the recipe for two people - I have to admit I had doubts about beating all that fat into my nice meringue, but it turned out wonderfully. I did add a TBSP or two of Horlick's malt powder, just because.
Great recipe! Yummy mamon!! Thanks for sharing!!!