Recipe by -------
This is a recipe my mom has had for years. Great for special occasions of for just an everyday meal. It is also very versatile.
- 1 lb ground beef (can use more if you want.) or 1 lb turkey (can use more if you want.)
- 2 teaspoons seasoning salt
- 3 tablespoons oregano
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons paprika (or more for a spicier lasagne)
- 2 sliced garlic cloves
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 3 (14 1/2 ounce) cans canned tomatoes, cut up
- 1 cup tomato sauce
- 1 (1 1/2 ounce) envelope spaghetti sauce mix (you can use less)
- 8 ounces lasagna noodles
- 1 lb mozzarella cheese, sliced
- 1 cup ricotta cheese
- 1⁄2 cup grates parmesan cheese
- 2 bay leaves
Directions See How It's Made
- Brown beef in 3 quart saucepan or dutch oven.
- Add seasoned salt, garlic, & pepper. Cook uncovered & slowly for ten minute Then stir in tomatoes, tomato sauce, oregano, paprika, bay leaf (be sure to remove later) & spaghetti sauce mix.
- Cover & SIMMER 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, cook lasagne according to package instructions & drain. (Seperate noodles & lay out flat on wax paper of aluminum foil to keep them from sticking as they cool) Pour 2 cups of the meat sauce into bottom of 13x9x2-inch baking pan.
- Arrange a layer of lasagne over the meat in pan.
- Top with slices of mozzarella & spoonfuls & ricotta.
- Repeat layers of meat sauce, lasagne, mozzarella, & ricotta.
- Top with layer of lasagne & remaining meat sauce. Sprinkle with parmesan cheese.
- Bake at 350F for 20-25 min., or until hot & bubbly.