Recipe by Kittencal@recipezazz
This is almost like rice pudding, it's a stick-to-your-ribs breakfast! Don't worry about adding raw eggs, they will cook completely in the porridge! This can also be made in the microwave, but you will need to remove a couple of times to stir.
Top Review by Hajar Elizabeth
This is wonderful! I used brown sugar and the eggs did completely cook with the heat of the porridge. I am a hot cereal freak and appreciate the protein count in this as I don't eat every day. Thank you for a keeper!
- 3 cups water
- 1 cup powdered milk
- 1 1⁄2 cups rolled oats
- 1⁄2-1 teaspoon cinnamon (or to taste)
- 2 -4 tablespoons white sugar (to taste) (optional) or 2 -4 tablespoons brown sugar (to taste) (optional)
- 1⁄2 cup raisins
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3 eggs
- 1 tablespoon butter (can use more)
- 1 cup 18% table cream or 1 cup half-and-half or 1 cup full-fat milk
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large heavy-bottomed saucepan bring 3 cups water to a boil.
- In another bowl mix together powdered milk, oats, cinnamon and sugar (if using, can use white or brown sugar) quickly stir into the boiling water; return to a boil, then reduce heat and simmer for about 6-10 minutes or until the mixture is desired thickness.
- Remove from heat and mix in the raisins and vanilla.
- Beat in eggs one at a time, mixing well after each addition (the hot porridge will cook the eggs completely).
- Divide the porridge between 3 or 4 bowls, then top with a teaspoon of butter (or more to taste) and then about 1/4 cup of cream or milk.
- Drizzle with honey as desired.