Recipe by Kittencal@recipezazz
Plan ahead this needs to be refrigerated for 8-24 hours. All ingredient amounts may be adjusted to taste.
- 3⁄4 lb pork sausage (can use more or less)
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons taco seasoning mix (can use more or less)
- 12 (6 inch) corn tortillas
- 3 green onions, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup canned sliced black olives, drained
- 2 (4 ounce) cansdiced green chili peppers, drained
- 2 (4 ounce) jarsdiced pimento pepper, drained
- 3 cups shredded Mexican blend cheese, divided (or to taste, or use cheddar cheese)
- 5 large eggs
- 2 cups full-fat milk
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne pepper (or to taste)
- 1 (8 ounce) jar salsa
Directions See How It's Made
- Grease a 13 x 9-inch baking dish.
- In a skillet brown the sausage meat over medium heat with onion until browned, then mix in taco seasoning until combined, cook another minute; set aside to cool.
- Line the bottom of the casserole dish with 4 tortillas.
- Sprinkle with 1/3 EACH of green onions, olives, chile peppers, pimento peppers, cooled sausage mixture then shredded cheese.
- Repeat TWICE with the remaining ingredients.
- In a large bowl beat together eggs with milk, cayenne pepper and salsa, then pour over the layered ingredients.
- Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate 8-24 hours.
- Remove the plastic wrap and bake at 350 degrees for 50-60 minutes.