Prep 10 mins
Cook 50 mins
This is a holiday tradition around my house, I am always asked to bring it to family gatherings. It's nice to be able to throw it together the night before, then just get up and toss it in the oven.
- 1 lb bulk pork sausage
- 6 eggs, beaten
- 2 cups light cream or 2 cups half-and-half
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese (4-oz)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon dry ground mustard
- 1 (2 7/8 ounce) can French-fried onions
- Fry sausage until crumbly and brown; drain well.
- Add remaining ingredients except French fried onions and mix well.
- Stir in 1/2 can onions.
- Pour mixture into a greased 9x13 baking dish.
- Refrigerate 8 hours or overnight.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 45 minutes.
- Sprinkle with remaining onions and bake 5 minutes longer.
- Remove from oven and let stand 15 minutes before serving.
This is super easy to make. I make it when we go camping just exactly the way the recipe says and its delightful. The entire family loves it and its the perfect thing to bring to a family brunch.