This tasty casserole makes a quick dinner when made the night before and popped into the oven when you get home from work.
- 2 cups monterey jack cheese, shredded
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley (optional)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 15 ounces tomato sauce
- 2⁄3 cup water
- 1⁄3 cup green pepper, chopped
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon oregano
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 8 flour tortillas
- 1⁄4 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- Mix Monterey jack cheese, cheddar cheese, onion, sour cream, parsley, salt and pepper; Set aside.
- Combine tomato sauce, water, green pepper, chili powder, oregano, cumin and garlic and heat to boiling, stirring occasionally.
- Reduce heat and simmer uncovered for 5 minutes; Pour into a 9-inch ungreased pie pan.
- Dip each tortilla into sauce to coat both sides.
- Spoon about 1/4 cup of the cheese mixture onto each tortilla.
- Roll tortilla around filling.
- Arrange the rolled tortillas seam-side down in a 13 x 7 inch baking dish.
- Pour remaining sauce over enchiladas.
- Sprinkle with 1/4 cup cheddar cheese.
- Bake uncovered at 350°F for about 20 minutes, or until hot and bubbling.
- Garnish with sour cream and sliced black olives.
- **NOTE: After sprinkling with cheese, you may cover and refrigerate for up to 24 hours then bake uncovered in 350°F oven for 35 minutes.