1/2 Photos of Make Ahead Cheese Enchilada Casserole
Denise in da Kitchen's Note:
This tasty casserole makes a quick dinner when made the night before and popped into the oven when you get home from work.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 cups monterey jack cheese, shredded
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley (optional)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 15 ounces tomato sauce
- 2/3 cup water
- 1/3 cup green pepper, chopped
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 8 flour tortillas
- 1/4 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1Mix Monterey jack cheese, cheddar cheese, onion, sour cream, parsley, salt and pepper; Set aside.
- 2Combine tomato sauce, water, green pepper, chili powder, oregano, cumin and garlic and heat to boiling, stirring occasionally.
- 3Reduce heat and simmer uncovered for 5 minutes; Pour into a 9-inch ungreased pie pan.
- 4Dip each tortilla into sauce to coat both sides.
- 5Spoon about 1/4 cup of the cheese mixture onto each tortilla.
- 6Roll tortilla around filling.
- 7Arrange the rolled tortillas seam-side down in a 13 x 7 inch baking dish.
- 8Pour remaining sauce over enchiladas.
- 9Sprinkle with 1/4 cup cheddar cheese.
- 10Bake uncovered at 350°F for about 20 minutes, or until hot and bubbling.
- 11Garnish with sour cream and sliced black olives.
- 12**NOTE: After sprinkling with cheese, you may cover and refrigerate for up to 24 hours then bake uncovered in 350°F oven for 35 minutes.
Browse Our Top Cheese Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Cheese Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Make Ahead Cheese Enchilada Casserole
Serving Size: 1 (373 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 642.6
- Calories from Fat 357
- Total Fat 39.7 g
- Saturated Fat 22.7 g
- Cholesterol 102.3 mg
- Sodium 1669.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 42.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.9 g
- Sugars 8.8 g
- Protein 30.3 g