1/2 Photos of Maine Seafood Stuffing
Linda's Busy Kitchen's Note:
Emeril did some Thanksgiving stuffing recipes on Good Morning America, and this was one of the Top 5, that was submitted by Linda Hoglund from Franklin, ME. Linda says "It's a Maine seafood stuffing -- the best you've ever had! I grew up on the coast of Maine where seafood is plentiful. My husband, a lobster fisherman and scallop diver, came up with this some years ago. It's now a big favorite of ours, and we're glad to share with you. This stuffing can also be used to stuff clams, on top of crab cakes or on a pork chop -- it's all wicked good! We serve ours with a White Cream Sauce on top of the stuffing." This would be great to put over fish and baked too! I'm thinking flounder, filet of sole, and any other white fish. Times are only approximate. You can also substitute with lobster. You can make this in a 9x9" baking dish as well, and serve it with the White Cream Sauce on top. Cooking time does not include time cooked inside the bird.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 cup Ritz cracker, ground up
- 1 cup breadcrumbs
- 1/2 cup onion
- 1 lb fresh maine scallops
- 1 cup fresh maine shrimp
- 1 cup fresh maine crab legs
- 1/2 cup celery, sliced
- 1/2 cup bell pepper, orange and yellow, chopped
- 2 eggs
- 3/4 cup butter, melted
- 1/4 cup cooking sherry or 1/4 cup white wine
- 1 fresh garlic clove, chopped
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1Cook seafood in 1 cup boiling salted water. Cook until 3/4 done. Strain seafood out of water.
- 2Add bread crumbs and Ritz crackers, and cover until liquid is absorbed.
- 3In another skillet, caramelize peppers, celery and onion, then add to bread-Ritz mixture.
- 4Add the eggs and melted butter.
- 5Stir in seafood and 1/4 cup sherry or white wine. Cover, and let stand 15 minutes.
- 6Now you're ready to stuff your turkey the Down East way.
Browse Our Top Crab Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Maine Seafood Stuffing
Serving Size: 1 (174 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 450.0
- Calories from Fat 254
- Total Fat 28.2 g
- Saturated Fat 15.9 g
- Cholesterol 141.2 mg
- Sodium 752.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 25.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.6 g
- Sugars 3.4 g
- Protein 14.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included: