Recipe by Mimi in Maine
You are probably thinking, "How in the world can you stuff a Maine shrimp?" Actually, you can't stuff them like you stuff the big ones. Maine shrimp are small, tender, and sweet, and they are delicious cooked this way. The stuffing is on top.
Top Review by elizabeth
This was a great recipe! thank you!. My husband and made this with raw maine shrimp and it needed to cook a little longer. Also, when we make it again (tonight) I will use less butter. This is really rich and I think it could feed at least three people, possibly four. Thank you for sharing it.
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 2 lbs cooked shelled Maine shrimp
- 3⁄4-1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1⁄4-1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 3⁄4 cups finely chopped onions
- 4 tablespoons melted butter
- 4 tablespoons sour cream
- 1 cup breadcrumbs
- 3⁄4-1 teaspoon salt
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine the butter and seasonings in a shallow 8x8 baking dish and put in a 350 degree oven to melt the butter.
- Arrange the cooked shrimp in a single layer in the melted butter.
- In a small bowl mix all the ingredients for the stuffing and lightly toss with a fork.
- Spread the stuffing over the shrimp in the baking dish.
- Cover with foil and bake at 350 degrees for 15 minutes.
- Remove foil and bake an additional 5 minutes.