Prep 15 mins
Cook 2 hrs
I like this chili recipe because it has two different kinds of beans and chunks of veggies.
- 2 lbs lean ground beef or 2 lbs turkey
- 1 (29 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 (29 ounce) can kidney beans (with liquid)
- 1 (29 ounce) can pinto beans (with liquid)
- 1 cup diced onion
- 1⁄2 cup diced green chilis
- 1⁄4 cup celery, diced (or one stalk)
- 3 medium tomatoes, diced
- 2 teaspoons cumin
- 3 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons black pepper
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons red peppers
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 cups water
- Brown the meat in a skillet; drain fat.
- Combine the beef and all other ingredients in a large pot and simmer over low heat. Cook, stirring every fifteen minutes for two to three hours.