Recipe by Krystal-Belle
Another Paula Deen recipe from her new show "Paula's Party". These looked so irresistible that I had to get the recipe! I should be making these soon, but have not tried them yet.
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1⁄3 cup dark corn syrup
- 3⁄4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 tablespoon irish cream (optional)
CREAM CHEESE FILLING
- 1 (3 ounce) package cream cheese
- 3 tablespoons milk
- 2 cups sifted confectioners' sugar
- 2 ounces unsweetened chocolate, melted
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Line a cookie sheet with foil.
- In a medium saucepan, combine sugar, butter, and corn syrup. Cook mixture over low heat until butter melts; remove from heat. Stir together flour and ginger; add dry mixture to butter mixture, mixing well.
- Stir in liqueur, if desired.
- Drop batter by rounded teaspoons 3 to 4 inches apart onto the prepared cookie sheet.
- Bake only 2 or 3 cookies at a time because you must work quickly to form the cones before they cool and become brittle*.
- Bake in oven for 9 to 10 minutes, or until bubbly and golden brown. Quickly invert cookies onto another cookie sheet, and wrap each cookie around the greased handle of a wooden spoon or a metal cone.
- When cookie is set, slide cookie off spoon or cone; cool on a wire rack.
- FILLING: Soften cream cheese in milk. Add sugar, 1 cup at a time, blending after each addition. Add melted chocolate and salt. Beat until smooth.
- Fill cookies with filling.
- To store: Place unfilled cookies in a single layer in an airtight container; cover. Store at room temperature in a cool, dry place for up to 3 days or freeze unfilled cookies for up to 3 months. Thaw cookies and fill.
- *If cookie gets too brittle to roll, run back in the oven for 1 minute to soften.