2 hrs 30 mins
Another Paula Deen recipe from her new show "Paula's Party". These looked so irresistible that I had to get the recipe! I should be making these soon, but have not tried them yet.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/3 cup dark corn syrup
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 tablespoon irish cream (optional)
CREAM CHEESE FILLING
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- 2Line a cookie sheet with foil.
- 3In a medium saucepan, combine sugar, butter, and corn syrup. Cook mixture over low heat until butter melts; remove from heat. Stir together flour and ginger; add dry mixture to butter mixture, mixing well.
- 4Stir in liqueur, if desired.
- 5Drop batter by rounded teaspoons 3 to 4 inches apart onto the prepared cookie sheet.
- 6Bake only 2 or 3 cookies at a time because you must work quickly to form the cones before they cool and become brittle*.
- 7Bake in oven for 9 to 10 minutes, or until bubbly and golden brown. Quickly invert cookies onto another cookie sheet, and wrap each cookie around the greased handle of a wooden spoon or a metal cone.
- 8When cookie is set, slide cookie off spoon or cone; cool on a wire rack.
- 9FILLING: Soften cream cheese in milk. Add sugar, 1 cup at a time, blending after each addition. Add melted chocolate and salt. Beat until smooth.
- 10Fill cookies with filling.
- 11To store: Place unfilled cookies in a single layer in an airtight container; cover. Store at room temperature in a cool, dry place for up to 3 days or freeze unfilled cookies for up to 3 months. Thaw cookies and fill.
- 12*If cookie gets too brittle to roll, run back in the oven for 1 minute to soften.
Browse Our Top Rolled Cookies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Magnolia Lace Trumpets With Chocolate Cream Cheese Filling
Serving Size: 1 (846 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 113.3
- Calories from Fat 46
- Total Fat 5.1 g
- Saturated Fat 3.2 g
- Cholesterol 11.4 mg
- Sodium 37.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 17.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.4 g
- Sugars 12.1 g
- Protein 0.8 g