Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
- 1 cup long grain white rice
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 1⁄2 cups chicken broth
- 1 half onion, finely chopped
- 1 half green bell pepper, finely chopped
- 1 whole fresh jalapeno pepper, chopped
- 1 whole tomato, seeded and chopped
- 1 whole chicken bouillon cube
- salt and pepper (to taste)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1⁄2 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- In a medium sauce pan, cook rice in oil over medium heat for about 3 minutes. Pour in chicken broth and bring to a boil. Stir in onion, green pepper, jalapeno and diced tomato.
- Season with bouillon cube, salt and pepper, cumin, cilantro, and garlic.Bring to a boil, cover, and reduce heat to low. Cook for 20 minutes.