Recipe by katie.robinson
Quick and easy, this recipe is virtually impossible to muck-up, just don't add too much baking powder! Other wise play to your heart's content! It's a good recipe to start kid's cooking.
- 100 g butter
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon (optional)
- 3⁄4 cup plain flour
- 1⁄4 cup cocoa
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 cup chocolate chips (optional) or 1⁄4-1⁄2 cup chopped nuts (optional)
- 1⁄4 cup extra chocolate chips (optional)
- icing sugar, to dust (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- In a medium sized (microwave proof) bowl melt the butter on high (100%) for 1 1/2 minutes.
- Stir in eggs, sugar, vanilla and cinnamon. Beat well with a fork.
- Stir in sifted dry ingredients and nut or chocolate chips.
- DO NOT OVER MIX!
- Spread mixture into a cling-film lined, microwave-proof casserole lid.
- Cover with extra chocolate chips.
- Microwave on high for :- 5 minutes = fudgy 5 1/2 minutes = not-so fudgy 6 minutes = dry 6 1/2+ minutes = suitable only for using in truffles 0 minutes = surprisingly good, though not recommended.
- When finished allow to cool for a little before tipping onto a cooling rack (otherwise it has a tendency to go through the rack!). When cold cover with icing sugar and cut into shapes and sizes of your choice.
- A good dessert option is to cut into rounds and add a scoop of vanilla, chocolate or strawberry ice cream on top and serve with strawberries.