From the restaurant chain. I just had it in FL and it was so delicious. Couldn't stop eating it. I got the recipe on-line. I made it with 1 cup (not 2 cups of oil)for the dressing and it was perfect. Also, I have used just Romaine and it was delicious too. Splenda can sub for sugar.
For the Salad
- 5 cups romaine lettuce, bite-size
- 5 cups iceberg lettuce, bite-size
- 1 small red onion, peeled and thinly sliced
- 4 ounces blue cheese, crumbled
- corn oil, for frying
- 4 ounces thinly slices prosciutto, cut into 2-inch squares
For the Dressing
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 2 teaspoons granulated sugar
- 3⁄4 cup water
- 2 teaspoons fresh garlic, minced
- 1⁄3 cup red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 2 cups vegetable oil
- fresh ground black pepper, to taste
- 1 pinch dried oregano
- In large, deep skillet, heat 1/2-inch corn oil. Add Prosciutto and cook until it turns dark brown and curls up on ends. Drain on paper towels. Cool and crumble into small bits.
- For dressing, in medium mixing bowl, combine mustard, sugar, water, garlic, vinegar and salt. Whisk until combined. Whisk in oil in thin stream. Add pepper and oregano; whisk to combine. Adjust seasoning to taste, adding more sugar or garlic if necessary.
- Place lettuce, onion, cheese and Prosciutto in large bowl; toss. Add enough dressing to lightly coat leaves; toss and serve immediately.
- Refrigerate extra dressing in airtight container for future use.