1/3 Photos of Maggiano's Little Italy House Salad
From the restaurant chain. I just had it in FL and it was so delicious. Couldn't stop eating it. I got the recipe on-line. I made it with 1 cup (not 2 cups of oil)for the dressing and it was perfect. Also, I have used just Romaine and it was delicious too. Splenda can sub for sugar.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
For the Salad
- 5 cups romaine lettuce, bite-size
- 5 cups iceberg lettuce, bite-size
- 1 small red onion, peeled and thinly sliced
- 4 ounces blue cheese, crumbled
- corn oil, for frying
- 4 ounces thinly slices prosciutto, cut into 2-inch squares
For the Dressing
- 1In large, deep skillet, heat 1/2-inch corn oil. Add Prosciutto and cook until it turns dark brown and curls up on ends. Drain on paper towels. Cool and crumble into small bits.
- 2For dressing, in medium mixing bowl, combine mustard, sugar, water, garlic, vinegar and salt. Whisk until combined. Whisk in oil in thin stream. Add pepper and oregano; whisk to combine. Adjust seasoning to taste, adding more sugar or garlic if necessary.
- 3Place lettuce, onion, cheese and Prosciutto in large bowl; toss. Add enough dressing to lightly coat leaves; toss and serve immediately.
- 4Refrigerate extra dressing in airtight container for future use.
Browse Our Top Pork Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Maggiano's Little Italy House Salad
Serving Size: 1 (152 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 555.0
- Calories from Fat 529
- Total Fat 58.8 g
- Saturated Fat 9.7 g
- Cholesterol 10.6 mg
- Sodium 1100.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 4.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.3 g
- Sugars 2.7 g
- Protein 4.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included: