Prep 30 mins
Cook 30 mins
Easy and convenient.
- 1 1⁄4 cups flour
- 1⁄3 cup cocoa
- 1 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 3⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup water
- 1⁄3 cup canola oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon cider vinegar
- Preheat oven to 325°F Have ready an 8-inch-square glass baking pan.
- Put the first 5 ingredients into the pan.
- Mix slowly with a fork and a spoon until uniform. Make 4 dents with the back of a spoon.
- Put the last 4 ingredients into each dent.
- Stir slowly with a fork in small circles to blend. As it becomes a batter, mash, scrape, and stir with fork and spoon until smooth.
- Scrape the sides with a rubber spatula, and spread it evenly.
- Clean the edges, then bake for 30 minutes.
- Cool before cutting into squares.
This was the very first cake recipe I made as a girl. It is very moist and very easy to do. The kids will love making this.