Recipe by QueenBee49444
One of my favorite places to visit every summer is Mackinac Island. Two of my favorite things to do while on the island is ride my bike around the perimeter of the island and then walk through town going in and out of all of the fudge shops looking for free samples. I'm so happy I found this recipe so I can make my own fudge between visits up north. I bought this recipe booklet called Mackinac Fudge Recipes for my cookbook swap partner. I hope she doesn't mind me posting a few of the recipes here on Zaar.
- 3 cups sugar
- 3⁄4 cup butter
- 2⁄3 cup evaporated milk
- 12 ounces semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 7 ounces marshmallow creme
- 1 cup pecans
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine sugar, butter and milk in a heavy 2 1/2 quart saucepan;.
- bring to full rolling boil, stirring constantly.
- Continue boiling 5 minutes over medium heat or until candy thermometer reaches 234 degrees, stirring constantly to prevent scorching.
- Remove from heat;.
- stir in chips until melted.
- Add marshmallow creme, nuts and vanilla;.
- beat until well blended.
- Pour into greased 9 inch x 13 inch pan.
- Cool at room temperature,.
- cut into squares.