Recipe by Chef Shelby
I'm on a Jetblue flight and watching the Food Network channel and on comes Paula Deen (I've never seen one of her shows) doing a ball game episode. This recipe made me crave Mexican food so we went out for Mexican that night! Have not tried this recipe yet but wanted to post since I was able to find it on foodnetwork.com. Cooking and prep times are estimated.
- 1 (16 ounce) can refried beans
- 1 (13 1/2 ounce) bag white corn tortilla chips
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 cup monterey jack pepper cheese, shredded
- 1 jalapeno, sliced crosswise, plus extra for garnish
- 1 (15 ounce) can chili (or your favorite chili recipe)
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 cup green onion, chopped
- 1 tomatoes, diced
Directions See How It's Made
- Have all the prepped ingredients easily accessible to assemble nachos.
- Preheat oven to 350.
- In a small saucepan over low heat, cook refried beans until they are loose enough to spoon onto nachos.
- On a large ovenproof platter, spread out a layer of tortilla chips and quickly put a teaspoon of hot refried beans on each chip.
- Working quickly, sprinkle with some onions, jack cheese, and jalapeño slices.
- Spoon on chili and top that with Cheddar.
- Repeat this layering process until ingredients are used up.
- Save some of the jalapeño slices for garnish.
- Place platter in the oven and bake until cheese has melted, about 5 to 10 minutes. Remove from oven and place on a trivet or heatproof surface.
- Top nachos with sour cream, green onions, diced tomato and jalapeño slices and serve hot.