1/3 Photos of Macho Nachos Courtesy of Paula Deen
Chef Shelby's Note:
I'm on a Jetblue flight and watching the Food Network channel and on comes Paula Deen (I've never seen one of her shows) doing a ball game episode. This recipe made me crave Mexican food so we went out for Mexican that night! Have not tried this recipe yet but wanted to post since I was able to find it on foodnetwork.com. Cooking and prep times are estimated.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (16 ounce) can refried beans
- 1 (13 1/2 ounce) bag white corn tortilla chips
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 cup monterey jack pepper cheese, shredded
- 1 jalapeno, sliced crosswise, plus extra for garnish
- 1 (15 ounce) can chili (or your favorite chili recipe)
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 cup green onion, chopped
- 1 tomato, diced
- 1Have all the prepped ingredients easily accessible to assemble nachos.
- 2Preheat oven to 350.
- 3In a small saucepan over low heat, cook refried beans until they are loose enough to spoon onto nachos.
- 4On a large ovenproof platter, spread out a layer of tortilla chips and quickly put a teaspoon of hot refried beans on each chip.
- 5Working quickly, sprinkle with some onions, jack cheese, and jalapeño slices.
- 6Spoon on chili and top that with Cheddar.
- 7Repeat this layering process until ingredients are used up.
- 8Save some of the jalapeño slices for garnish.
- 9Place platter in the oven and bake until cheese has melted, about 5 to 10 minutes. Remove from oven and place on a trivet or heatproof surface.
- 10Top nachos with sour cream, green onions, diced tomato and jalapeño slices and serve hot.
Browse Our Top < 60 Mins Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All < 60 Mins Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Macho Nachos Courtesy of Paula Deen
Serving Size: 1 (281 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 578.9
- Calories from Fat 329
- Total Fat 36.6 g
- Saturated Fat 20.9 g
- Cholesterol 102.9 mg
- Sodium 1448.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 38.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 12.0 g
- Sugars 6.8 g
- Protein 28.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
white corn tortilla chips