Prep 20 mins
Cook 12 mins
Old recipe. a change from reg. macaroni salad. You may top it with sliced hard cook eggs if you like or use canned peas.
- 2 cups cooked macaroni
- 1 cup diced cheddar cheese
- 2 tablespoons salad oil
- 2 tablespoons vinegar
- 1 tablespoon minced onion
- 1 cup diced cooked ham
- 1 cup frozen green pea, thawed
- 1 cup diced celery
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise
- After the macaroni is cooked, while it is still hot, and has been drained, drizzle with oil and vinegar.
- Add onion pepper, and cheese.
- Toss with peas, ham and celery.
- Stir in mayo.
- Serve on lettuce if you prefer.
I liked this very much for a change of pace. I usually like my macaroni salad sweet and creamy. This was easy and I had all the ingredients on hand, except I used frozen peas and carrots rather than frozen peas.
This is a classic tasty macaroni and pea salad recipe. I didnt have celery on hand, and used varying amounts of pasta, peas, onion, and cheese, but the same dressing amounts. It can be kind of bland so I'd like to try it with more seasonings.
What a welcome change from reg. macaroni salad and for once I had all of the ingreds on hand! Used shredded cheddar(on hand).This salad is delicious and filling!