This is my sister's recipe. It's easy, quick, and full of vegetables! A very tasty pasta dish! If you like a little bite, add more cayenne pepper!
- 500 g macaroni
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 onions, diced
- 1 zucchini, grated
- 1 red capsicum, diced
- 1 green capsicum, diced
- 4 cups sliced mushrooms (roughly, one brown mushroom bag full)
- 2 (440 g) cans condensed tomato soup
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cayenne pepper (or to taste)
- 500 g grated low-fat cheese
- 500 g grated low-fat cheese, extra
- To a saucepan of boiling water, add macaroni and olive oil. Boil until macaroni is JUST tender. Do not over cook it. Drain, and set aside.
- In a large saucepan, place onions, capsicums, mushrooms, and zucchini. Sprinkle with a little water, cover, and cook over a medium heat until tender.
- To the vegetables, add the soup, 1 can of water, and cayenne. Bring to the boil.
- Add 500g cheese, mix through.
- Add macaroni, mix all together, pour into a large baking dish.
- Cover with extra cheese, and bake at 180C for around 30 minutes, or until cheese has started to brown.