1/5 Photos of Macaroni Cheese
Sara 76's Note:
This is my sister's recipe. It's easy, quick, and full of vegetables! A very tasty pasta dish! If you like a little bite, add more cayenne pepper!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 500 g macaroni
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 onions, diced
- 1 zucchini, grated
- 1 red capsicum, diced
- 1 green capsicum, diced
- 4 cups sliced mushrooms (roughly, one brown mushroom bag full)
- 2 (440 g) cans condensed tomato soup
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper (or to taste)
- 500 g grated low-fat cheese
- 500 g grated low-fat cheese, extra
- 1To a saucepan of boiling water, add macaroni and olive oil. Boil until macaroni is JUST tender. Do not over cook it. Drain, and set aside.
- 2In a large saucepan, place onions, capsicums, mushrooms, and zucchini. Sprinkle with a little water, cover, and cook over a medium heat until tender.
- 3To the vegetables, add the soup, 1 can of water, and cayenne. Bring to the boil.
- 4Add 500g cheese, mix through.
- 5Add macaroni, mix all together, pour into a large baking dish.
- 6Cover with extra cheese, and bake at 180C for around 30 minutes, or until cheese has started to brown.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Macaroni Cheese
Serving Size: 1 (416 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 746.4
- Calories from Fat 147
- Total Fat 16.4 g
- Saturated Fat 8.0 g
- Cholesterol 35.0 mg
- Sodium 1600.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 93.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.6 g
- Sugars 19.6 g
- Protein 56.4 g