I got this recipe back when I was in high school and is the only recipe to date that I enjoy. The end result has a pizza taste and is delicious.
- Cook macaroni in salted boiling water for 12 to 15 minutes or until tender. Drain.
- Melt butter in a saucepan, remove from heat and stir in flour and seasonings. Return to heat and cook for 1 minute.
- Add milk gradually, stirring until sauce boils and thickens, remove from heat.
- Add grated cheese and tomato soup, mix well. Gently heat sauce but don't boil.
- Fry lightly chopped bacon, chopped onion and chopped capsicum and add to sauce. Add macaroni and worcestershire sauce and mix thoroughly.
- Place mixture into a casserole dish and sprinkle with extra cheese.
- Bake in a moderate oven for 25 to 30 minutes.
This is so delicious! Only change I made was I left out the bacon, I also cooked the onion and capsicum in the microwave, otherwise kept to the recipe. We ate this for lunch today are really enjoyed the pizza like flavours. Thank you Stacey Q