1/1 Photo of Macaroni Cheese
Stacey Q's Note:
I got this recipe back when I was in high school and is the only recipe to date that I enjoy. The end result has a pizza taste and is delicious.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Cook macaroni in salted boiling water for 12 to 15 minutes or until tender. Drain.
- 2Melt butter in a saucepan, remove from heat and stir in flour and seasonings. Return to heat and cook for 1 minute.
- 3Add milk gradually, stirring until sauce boils and thickens, remove from heat.
- 4Add grated cheese and tomato soup, mix well. Gently heat sauce but don't boil.
- 5Fry lightly chopped bacon, chopped onion and chopped capsicum and add to sauce. Add macaroni and worcestershire sauce and mix thoroughly.
- 6Place mixture into a casserole dish and sprinkle with extra cheese.
- 7Bake in a moderate oven for 25 to 30 minutes.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Macaroni Cheese
Serving Size: 1 (228 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 400.1
- Calories from Fat 186
- Total Fat 20.6 g
- Saturated Fat 11.1 g
- Cholesterol 50.4 mg
- Sodium 884.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 40.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.5 g
- Sugars 9.5 g
- Protein 13.9 g