Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr 40 mins
From a Gold Medal magazine.
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 cup butter, softened
- 3 tablespoons powdered sugar
- 1 (8 ounce) can crushed pineapple
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup sugar
- 3⁄4 cup chopped macadamia nuts
- 1⁄2 cup flaked coconut
- 1⁄4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon rum extract
- 1⁄2 cup powdered sugar
- 2 -3 teaspoons reserved pineapple juice
- Heat oven to 350*. Grease bottom and sides of 8x8 or 9x9 inch square pan with shortening.
- Drain pineapple well, reserving 3 teaspoons juice for Pineapple Glaze.
- Mix 1 cup flour, the butter and powdered sugar with spoon until flour is moistened. Press in pan. Bake 10 minutes.
- Beat eggs in medium bowl with wire whisk until blended. Stir in pineapple and remaining ingredients except Pineapple Glaze. Spread over partially baked crust.
- Bake 25 to 30 minutes or until golden brown. Cool completely, about 1 hour.
- Make Pineapple Glaze by mixing the powdered sugar and reserved pineapple juice until smooth and thin enough to drizzle. Drizzle glaze over bars.
A big hit and a nice summer treat!
Wow!! Can't believe I am the first to rate these wonderful bars!! These are moist and delicious - Love the sweet mixed with the salty taste! Made them in a 9x9 inch square pan and they came out perfect!!! Thanks loneytunesfan!!