Peggy Lynn's Note:
Orginally from Taste Of Home magazine-This is a wonderful fudge recipe that is very full of flavor and makes 2 9x9 pans...so--one to keep and one to share--Hope you enjoy.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 1/2 cups sugar
- 1/2 cup butter (no substitutes)
- 1 (12 ounce) can evaporated milk
- 3 (4 ounce) packages German sweet chocolate, chopped
- 2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 (7 ounce) jar marshmallow creme
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 cups crushed macadamia nuts or 3 cups toasted pecans, divided
- 1Line two 9inch square baking pans with foil and butter the foil; set aside.
- 2Combine sugar,butter and milk in a heavy saucepan;bring to a gentle boil.
- 3Cook for five minutes, stirring constantly.
- 4Remove from heat; add chocolate,chocolate chips, marshmallow cream, vanilla, salt and 2 cups nuts.
- 5Pour into prepared pans;sprinkle with remaining nuts and press in lightly.
- 6Chill until firm.
- 7Remove from pans and cut into squares.
- 8****This yields about 5 pounds****.
Browse Our Top Candy Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Candy Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Macadamia Nut Fudge
Serving Size: 1 (73 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 36
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 324.1
- Calories from Fat 160
- Total Fat 17.7 g
- Saturated Fat 6.9 g
- Cholesterol 9.5 mg
- Sodium 100.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 43.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.0 g
- Sugars 38.2 g
- Protein 2.3 g