1/2 Photos of Macadamia Nut Chicken Breasts With Tropical Marmalade
1 hr 20 mins
1 hr 10 mins
This is different than the few similar recipes already posted to this site. It is included a cookbook I have called Chefs of Aloha: Favorite Recipes from the Top Chefs of Hawaii (and is attributed to Diamond Head Restaurant).
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 6 chicken breasts, boneless and skinless
- chicken marinade (recipe (below)
- 1 cup finely chopped macadamia nuts
- 3/4 cup breadcrumbs
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 3 eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1 tablespoon butter
- tropical marmalade (recipe below)
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 1 1/2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon mirin (sweet Japanese rice wine)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon fresh garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon fresh ginger, minced
- 1Combine all the marinade ingredients in a large bowl, and blend well. Add chicken breasts, and let marinate for 1 hour in the refrigerator, turning occasionally.
- 2While chicken is marinating, prepare the Tropical Marmalade by combining in a saucepan all the Tropical Marmalade ingredients (except mint); bring to a boil. Reduce heat to a simmer and let simmer for 1 hour or until the mixture reaches jam consistency. Stir frequently to avoid scorching. Cool. Fold in fresh mint, to taste; set aside.
- 3Remove chicken from refrigerator, and let drain. Combine macadamia nuts and bread crumbs in a shallow dish. Dredge chicken breasts in flour, then dip in beaten eggs, and then coat with the macadamia nut mixture.
- 4In a heavy skillet, heat oil and butter over medium heat. Saute chicken for 6 to 8 minutes, turning once. (Add a litte more oil if necessary, since macadamia nuts may absorb oil.).
- 5Serve with Tropical Marmalade.
Browse Our Top Chicken Thigh & Leg Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Thigh & Leg Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Macadamia Nut Chicken Breasts With Tropical Marmalade
Serving Size: 1 (409 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 750.8
- Calories from Fat 382
- Total Fat 42.5 g
- Saturated Fat 9.6 g
- Cholesterol 190.8 mg
- Sodium 1607.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 53.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.0 g
- Sugars 29.4 g
- Protein 41.2 g