Recipe by Lavender Lynn
This recipe came from my brother-in-law with a few variations from me. Wonderful and flavorful with very few carbs. If you like your jerk chicken spicey, add more crushed red pepper flakes and cayenne pepper. Cooking time does not reflect marinating time.
- 4 lbs chicken breasts, boneless and skinless
- 1⁄2 cup canola oil
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons onion salt
- 2 teaspoons basil
- 2 teaspoons thyme
- 2 teaspoons vegetable seasoning
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 2 teaspoons cumin
- 2 teaspoons coriander
- 2 teaspoons ginger
- 2 teaspoons black pepper
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 teaspoon allspice
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄3 cup sugar
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 green pepper, diced
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix all ingredients, except chicken, in a medium bowl.
- Cut each chicken breast into 4-6 long pcs.
- Add marinade to chicken breasts.
- Marinate at least 4 hours or overnight.
- Can be grilled on barbecue or in broiler.
- Cook just until done, do not overcook. This will dry out if overcooked.