1/5 Photos of Luscious Creamy Glazed Onions
Simply rich and creamy! Best of all easy and delicious. Creating the ultimate caramelized and creamed onions in one dish. Using 6 RSC ingredients adding only 1 tablespoon of butter to caramelize them, then to help keep the fat down, the moisture from the onions is released and reduced they continue to cook in the broth adding it's flavor. Kaluha is the SECRET ingredient that will have your guests asking what is that? They will never guess! Serve these savory onions as a side, pile them high on a sandwich, steak, burger, or mashed potatoes, top a pizza, on slices of fresh French bread garnished with fresh herbs for an appetizer. Now don't they sound YUMMY?
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a hot non-stick pan melt butter till sizzling.
- 2Add onion rings and sprinkle with sugar and pinch of salt. Lower heat to medium and cook for 5 minutes stirring often; add minced jalapeños to taste and continue to stir and cook for 3 minutes.
- 3Add chicken broth to deglaze, stirring releasing intensely flavorful browned bits on the bottom of the pan.
- 4Add Kahlua and let all reduce to just glaze the onions.
- 5Lower heat to low and add cream stirring in to combine.
- 6Season with salt and pepper.
Browse Our Top Condiments, Etc. Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Condiments, Etc. Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Luscious Creamy Glazed Onions
Serving Size: 1 (76 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 116.5
- Calories from Fat 50
- Total Fat 5.6 g
- Saturated Fat 3.5 g
- Cholesterol 18.6 mg
- Sodium 20.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 11.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.7 g
- Sugars 8.1 g
- Protein 0.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
low-sodium low-fat chicken broth