1/5 Photos of Lunch in a Loaf
1 hr 25 mins
My brother is in construction and needs an easy, high-protein, low mess lunch each day. I started making these for him in large batches and freezing them. He just takes one out of the freezer each morning and it's ready to eat by lunchtime!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Combine 1 1/2 c flour, yeast, sugar, salt and basil.
- 2Beat eggs and oil together.
- 3Add egg mixture and hot milk to dry ingredients.
- 4Mix and then add remaining flour, turning out onto a board to knead when consistency allows.
- 5Return to bowl and set in warm place to rise (about 30 to 45 min).
- 6Punch down dough, divide into four balls.
- 7Roll each ball out into a 8" circle.
- 8Add filling to one half, fold over, pinch edges shut like a pie crust.
- 9Bake 20- 25 minutes at 350°F.
- 10Filling Suggestions:.
- 11I use whatever is left in the fridge! Beans, stew, veggies, meat. Here are a few "recipes".
- 12Cooked chicken breast, chopped in small pieces, canned corn, barbecue sauce.
- 13Tuna salad, cheddar cheese.
- 14Canned beef stew (the nice, thick kind) cheddar cheese.
- 15Make up your own!
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Lunch in a Loaf
Serving Size: 1 (153 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 470.8
- Calories from Fat 155
- Total Fat 17.3 g
- Saturated Fat 3.2 g
- Cholesterol 52.2 mg
- Sodium 40.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 66.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.9 g
- Sugars 3.4 g
- Protein 12.2 g