Prep 1 hr
Cook 0 mins
A friend gave me this recipe.
- 8 ounces canned water chestnuts, drained
- 1 celery rib
- 1 carrot
- 3 thinly sliced green onions
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 lb ground beef
- 2 -4 tablespoons oyster sauce
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- lumpia skins or spring roll
- Grate the water chestnuts, celery rib and the carrot and place in a mixing bowl along with the sliced green onion.
- Set aside.
- In a large frying pan, over medium heat, put the oil.
- When the oil is hot, quickly stir in the garlic, and then add the ground beef.
- Stir-fry until the beef has browned.
- Add the vegetables from the mixing bowl and keep cooking, stirring frequently, 1-2 more minutes.
- Add the oyster sauce, salt and ground black pepper.
- Blend well and adjust seasonings if needed.
- Turn off heat and let cool.
- Put 1 Table. of filling in each lumpia/spring roll wrapper and roll tightly.
- Moisten ends with water to seal.
- Place finished lumpia seam side down on a large baking sheet, and cover with plastic wrap until all of the lumpia are made up.
- Deep fry 2-3 at a time in hot oil.
- When well browned, drain the lumpia on paper towels.
- Serve with lumpia sauce, catsup or soy sauce.
- Lumpia can quickly get soggy, so eat them as soon as they are fried.
- You can also freeze rolled up lumpia and fry them later.
- To use frozen lumpia, take out just the number needed, and deep fry in hot oil in batches.
- Allow more time for frying if the lumpia are frozen.