1/7 Photos of Lumpia-Stuffed Wrappers (Lumpia Labong)
1 hr 30 mins
Posted for the Zaar World Tour-Philippines. From the "Best of International Cooking" cookbook. I haven't had a chance to make these yet. NOTE: This recipe was originally posted with instructions not to fry the lumpia. However, after one reviewer tried the recipe as written, and claimed the lumpia not very appetizing, I decided to edit the recipe to include frying instructions.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 -5 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 1 cup diced pork, cooked
- 3/4 cup shrimp, peeled, chopped and cooked
- 0.5 (18 ounce) can bamboo shoots, cut into julienne strips
- 2 cups Chinese cabbage, shredded
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup fresh bean sprout
- 15 philippine lumpia skins (can use spring-roll wrappers)
- 1 head lettuce (separated into leaves)
- peanut oil (for frying lumpia)
- 1Prepare sauce: Combine all sauce ingredients in a small saucepan. Stir over medium heat until slightly thickened.
- 2Heat 2 TBSP oil in a wok or large skillet. Add garlic and onion; saute until transparent. Add pork, shrimp, bamboo shoots, cabbage, and salt. Stir-fry 2 to 3 minutes, adding more oil if needed. Stir in bean sprouts; keep warm.
- 3Keep wrappers covered until used. Top each wrapper with a lettuce leaf and 1 to 2 tablespoons filling; fold end of wrapper over stem-end of lettuce. Roll wrapper and filling, with some of the lettuce and filling extending from open end of wrapper.
- 4In wok or skillet, heat about 1" of peanut oil to 375ºF. Fry lumpia, 2 or 3 at a time, until golden brown, turning frequently. Drain lumpia on paper towels.
- 5Arrange filled wrappers on a platter. Serve with Lumpia Sauce.
Browse Our Top Pork Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Lumpia-Stuffed Wrappers (Lumpia Labong)
Serving Size: 1 (2102 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 157.0
- Calories from Fat 21
- Total Fat 2.4 g
- Saturated Fat 0.3 g
- Cholesterol 2.8 mg
- Sodium 808.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 28.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.7 g
- Sugars 6.3 g
- Protein 5.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included: