Recipe by Mommy2two
This stew is good on a cold day. I got this recipe from a family friend years ago, and I'm so glad she shared it with me. She didn't saute her sausage before cooking, I added that step to help get any extra grease out before cooking, so you can omit that step if you prefer or if you have lean sausage. I used a 2 qt. CrockPot for these quantities. If you double this or add a few extra veggies, you will need a bigger pot.
- 1⁄2 lb kielbasa
- 1⁄2 small onion, diced
- 1⁄2 cup carrot, sliced
- 2 medium potatoes, peeled and chopped
- 1 (10 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt, to taste
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper, to taste
- 1⁄4 cup rice
- 2 cups water
Directions See How It's Made
- Slice sausage into about 1 inch slices and saute with the diced onion until onion is soft, but not cooked through.
- Place everything in 2 quart CrockPot, stir gently to mix, and cook on low 6-8 hours.
- Note: Once everything is mixed, you can place the pot in the fridge over night, and just put it on to cook in the morning.