Recipe by Random Rachel
This is my husband's jambalaya recipe, off of the Lumberjack sausage package. It is delicious! The original recipe didn't include any meat except for the sausage, however good jambalaya needs some other meat too. We have used chicken, turkey, and pork chop leftovers, all with good results. It needs to be cooked in cast iron to taste right :-) You can also use packaged jambalaya vegetables instead of the onion and peppers if you can find them at the store.
- 1 lb sausage, cut into 2 in. pieces
- 1⁄2-1 lb cooked meat (chicken, turkey, etc)
- 3⁄4 cup uncooked rice
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can cream of celery soup
- 3⁄4 cup water
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1⁄2 red pepper, diced
- 1⁄4 cup green onion, diced
- 1 stalk celery, chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried red pepper, to taste
Directions See How It's Made
- Brown onion, pepper, green onion, and celery for a few minutes in the butter.
- Add in remaining ingredients (rice, soup, water, Worcestershire sauce, and red pepper.) Cover and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer 20-25 minutes, stirring occasionally.