Chef Kate's Note:
From the Gluten-Free Girl, Shauna James and made for my friend with celiac disease. The thing is these are great muffins, gluten or not.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 10 tablespoons soft unsalted butter
- 1 cup white sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons lemon zest
- 1 cup sweet white sorghum flour
- 1 cup rice flour
- 1 cup tapioca flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder (or 1/2 teaspoon cream of tartar, 1/2 teaspoon baking soda, 1/2 teaspoon cornstarch)
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda (if combining above, add another 1/2 teaspoon to mix)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cups plain yogurt
- 1 cup blueberries (frozen are fine)
- 2 tablespoons raw sugar
- 1Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
- 2Combine all the dry ingredients together. Set aside.
- 3Cream the butter and sugar together, until just creamed. If you leave the stand mixer running as they are creaming, these muffins will not rise. Simply cream them until combined.
- 4Add the eggs, one at a time, mixing after each egg.
- 5Add one half of the dry ingredients, mixing well.
- 6Add one-third of the yogurt and combine until well mixed.
- 7Add one-half of the remaining dry ingredients to the mixture, and combine. Continue this, alternating the yogurt and dry ingredients, until you have mixed both of them in, completely.
- 8Add as many blueberries as you can.
- 9Oil a muffin tin well, then sprinkle a little cornstarch or white rice flour on the bottom of each cup.
- 10Fill each space for muffin two-thirds full. Sprinkle the raw sugar over the top and set them in the oven.
- 11Bake the muffins for about 35 minutes, or until the tops have browned and started to harden, and the entire house smells of warm blueberry muffins.
- 12If your sweetie wakes up from the smell, the muffins are done.
Browse Our Top Breakfast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Lucy's Blueberry Muffins (Gluten Free)
Serving Size: 1 (1278 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 162.6
- Calories from Fat 69
- Total Fat 7.7 g
- Saturated Fat 4.6 g
- Cholesterol 43.1 mg
- Sodium 147.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 21.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.4 g
- Sugars 14.3 g
- Protein 2.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included: