Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 15 mins
Cook 35 mins
From the Gluten-Free Girl, Shauna James and made for my friend with celiac disease. The thing is these are great muffins, gluten or not.
- 10 tablespoons soft unsalted butter
- 1 cup white sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons lemon zest
- 1 cup sweet white sorghum flour
- 1 cup rice flour
- 1 cup tapioca flour
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder (or 1/2 teaspoon cream of tartar, 1/2 teaspoon baking soda, 1/2 teaspoon cornstarch)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda (if combining above, add another 1/2 teaspoon to mix)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄2 cups plain yogurt
- 1 cup blueberries (frozen are fine)
- 2 tablespoons raw sugar
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
- Combine all the dry ingredients together. Set aside.
- Cream the butter and sugar together, until just creamed. If you leave the stand mixer running as they are creaming, these muffins will not rise. Simply cream them until combined.
- Add the eggs, one at a time, mixing after each egg.
- Add one half of the dry ingredients, mixing well.
- Add one-third of the yogurt and combine until well mixed.
- Add one-half of the remaining dry ingredients to the mixture, and combine. Continue this, alternating the yogurt and dry ingredients, until you have mixed both of them in, completely.
- Add as many blueberries as you can.
- Oil a muffin tin well, then sprinkle a little cornstarch or white rice flour on the bottom of each cup.
- Fill each space for muffin two-thirds full. Sprinkle the raw sugar over the top and set them in the oven.
- Bake the muffins for about 35 minutes, or until the tops have browned and started to harden, and the entire house smells of warm blueberry muffins.
- If your sweetie wakes up from the smell, the muffins are done.
I have made these twice and they are a huge hit with my family. Both times I have used blueberry yogurt because I did not have any plain on hand, and I am very pleased with the results. The lemon zest makes it! Thanks!
What beautiful gluten free muffins. This recipe bakes up perfectly. Great tasting too!!