Recipe by Kiwi Kathy
I created this recipe as a way of getting my 2 year old grandson to eat meat (which he is reluctant to chew) and get some iron into this diet. He is allergic to wheat products, dairy and tomatoes. This recipe is easy to make and tastes delicious. I make it in a dish about half the size of a normal lasanga dish. When cold, I cut the lasagna into 8 servings, wrap in cling-wrap and freeze.
Top Review by Az B
I wasn't really sure how this could possibly work, but oh how it did! Delicious doesn't even describe it. Even my dairy and gluten eatting husband enjoyed it. Thank you so much for sharing!
- 400 g beef mince
- 1 onion, small and chopped
- 1 carrot, grated
- 1 courgette, grated
- 1 tablespoon quinoa, grains
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon olive oil, extra virgin
- 1⁄4 teaspoon vegeatble instant bouillon granules, I use Rapunsel Organic Vegeatable Bullion
- 2 sprigs parsley, finely chopped
- salt, to taste
- 16 rice & corn lasagna sheets, Orgran Mini sheets
- 1 1⁄2 cups rice milk
- 2 dsp cornflour
- 1 bay leaf
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- breadcrumbs, gluten free (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat the olive oil, add the chopped onion, quinoa, garlic, grated carrot and courgette. Fir fry until softened and the onion is clear.
- Add the mince and parsley and stir until browned.
- Add about 3/4 cup of water and stock powder. Cook about 15 - 20 minutes. Add salt as required. The mixture should be very moist with obvious liquid remaining in the pan. This liquid gets absorbed by the pasta sheets when baking the lasagna.
- Make the white sauce by heating the Rice Milk with a bay leaf in a saucepan, reserving 1/4 cup of rice milk.
- Remove milk from stove top, remove the bay leaf.
- Mix the cornflour into the 1/4 cup of rice milk making sure there are no lumps. Stir into the heated rice milk and return to stove top. Stir continuously until thickened. Remove from heat.
- Assemble the lasanga. Pour a couple of tablespoons of meat mixture into dish. Cover with 8 Rice & Corn Lasagna sheets. Pour in half the meat mixture, then half the white sauce. Repeat with meat sauce, pasta sheets and lastly the remainder of white sauce.
- Sprinkle with breadcrumbs.
- Cover with foil. Bake at 17 degrees C until cooked. Approximately 25 - 35 minutes.